Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembrance Day 2011

Today we were able to attend Remembrance Day ceremonies in Norton. Sometimes our workload has kept us home as we thought we didn't have time, but as we get older we realize the importance of honouring the sacrifices of so many. After the service, we met Grandma at Fernhill, to lay our poppies on Grandpa's grave, and Great Grandpa's too.


This is Jessica's 2cd year coming with us, and Mariah's first. Thanks for coming girls. Carrie knows her way around Fernhill better than I do, so if anyone needs a tour?


Before I move on to yesterdays news, I'd like to share a picture of Willard, upset with me as I had shut all  the barn doors. It is raining, hard...He came right to the kitchen window...


Yesterday Carrie got her drivers license. Here she is getting her first taste of freedom. But she did find out that it costs a bit to put the gas in.



Only other news this week, is the arrival of flock number 4. When they arrived late Wednesday night, we all pitched in and got them settled into their cages.



We had several escapees, I think we found them all...


 Glad Jesse kept things straight.

No comments: