Sunday, October 09, 2011

Aunt Joan

Chris called this morning with the sad news that his mom had passed away shortly before. So many memories, old and new went through my head all day as I chopped corn. One is of her sending me a picture of our cow named Joan. She took this on a visit here, not long after we had bought the farm. After learning we had a cow with the same name as her, she waited in the milking parlour with Sarah to take it's picture. Just as she snapped the picture, Joan the cow stuck her tongue up her nose. Joan the aunt was very impressed, and had been trying to do the same ever since. This was one of her memories we talked about when Grandma and I visited her in the hospital in Halifax just over a week ago. I'm happy that I saw her then, and talked with her again Wednesday night. Really glad that Grandma spoke with her yesterday. RIP Aunt Joan.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks Bruce!