Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Happy Birthday Sarah

Today was Sarah's Birthday. Most of the family was able to make it over for supper with us. Pizza from Angelo's and Stacy made a delicious cake.


Glad to see Jesse still fits into his middle school t-shirt. Carrie looks sweet here, but you really had to be here.


Even Hailey wondered what she was up to...


I think Sarah had a good day, but every day seems to be a good day for her, now that we are back from Bulgaria. She is noticing little changes every day, all good. Very exciting. I have a few more pics from our trip, and I think I will put them on now. Here are a  few pictures of Sofia, taken from the roof of the hospital.




And the dogs. Sofia has quite a bunch of wild dogs. Some nights you could hear them bark at night, and apparently they occasionally drag people into the woods at night and eat them. So I was careful to photograph them from 9 floors up, I figured I was safe there.


We met many new friends while there, but we made good friends with, and spent alot of time with brothers Brad and Travis, of Big River, Saskatchewan.


I got a chance to sample some Bulgarian beer. Kamenitza, and my personal favorite,  Zagorka!


On Friday morning we got up at 4:15AM (10:15 PM Thursday local time) to catch this plane.


It took us to Munich, then an 8 hour wait ( I tried Barvarian beer) and an 8 hour flight with Lufthansa ( Sarah pronounced it La Senza) got us to Boston, where we spent the night. Sarah was pretty happy to get there.

No comments: