Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Field

It seems that a lot of my projects take a long while to come to a conclusion. The shed comes to mind, but we`ll leave that one for now. I remember Brent cutting alders back in this field back in 1991 or 1992, and Monica using the brush cutter after that. Richard spent lots of time with the excavator up there, and Tyler, Jason, Aaron, Geoff, Ryan, Kyle, another Jason, Percy, Darcy, and many others including myself and my family picked tons of rocks. We weren`t rock picking a field, we were building bridges! We land formed and tiled, then plowed and finally had a field that we could harrow.


We covered the field with shi...  manure and ash.


Jesse, Roma, and mainly Garrett picked another rock or 2... tons I mean, and then I was able to seed it down.


Here Garrett follows the Brillion seeder to make sure there are no rocks left sticking up. He cringed every time he saw me head up there with the harrows. And decided he would get a real job before I plowed this field again.


We all inspected the finished job today. Nadine says it is 12.3 acres

No comments: