Saturday, November 06, 2010

Got a Little Rain Yesterday

The rain sure came down yesterday, it rained in the morning, but it poured in the afternoon. Steady. I think our water worries are over. But I did worry yesterday afternoon. About my newly filled in ditch. Here is Abby checking it out. Alot of water.


Ahhh...The problem...The headpond is overflowing. Big Bird's legs are now 12 feet under water. Yikes!!


There is alot of water everywhere. Here are the falls by the rock road. "Stacy's Secret Spot"


And this tile drain outlet could have washed cars as they were driving by, if it had been aimed just a little higher.


But all was good this morning, I checked out my ditch and there was no damage.


The headpond was a little lower, but still couldn't see Big Bird's legs.


The 2  6 inch tiles are running full. I wonder how many gallons a minute are moving through them?


The other outlets were all running good too. Kinda satisfying knowing this stuff works.




So I was pretty happy this morning to see everything working according to plan. So who ya gonna call?

No comments: