Friday, September 11, 2009

Done Haying

Hey, it's September 11th and we are finally finished haying. Wow...When was it last year? July 19th last year...check the blog. Here is a picture of the last bale going up the elevator into the mow.

And here is a pic of Jesse building one of our last loads, (Peter asked for this) and one of me trying to hit him with a bale.(and drive and photograph all at the same time)


Yesterday we had the chicken barn inspector in and got a score of 95% which was good I think. Today I saw an ad in the paper for the second issuing of new entrant quota. It brought back memories of when we first saw that ad, in the spring of '07, and the process we went through to get started as egg producers. Tanya was on the phone with Jesse when I read it, so I immediately grabbed the phone and informed her. She is filling out her application forthwith.
I found some pictures on my phone that I took at Mike's, for some reason I couldn't get them until I turned my phone off and then on again. Carrie & Beth were out in the paddle boat, and were coming in for a rest, (any one that has ever used a paddle boat will understand what an effort this is) when Mike & I arrived at the dock. I suggested they go back out so we could get a few pictures. Like fools they did, so Mike & I had fun trying to swamp them with his boat.

Our next stop was Jim & Mary Ann's in Ottawa to celebrate Mary Ann's 50th birthday. Our first clue that we were in the right place were the grey balloons...never seen grey balloons before.

Here is a pic of all of us enjoying a great meal on Friday night. Jim, Mary Ann, David, Chris & Emily, Lorna (Mary Ann's sister), Carrie, Sarah & I.

And party day...And the morning after before we left...

After we left, we headed for a visit with Carrie's Quebec exchange student.


We had a great visit with Melissa and her family, and were happy to find out that there is a dairy farm in the family that Carrie will be able to work on when she feels the need.

No comments: