Monday, July 27, 2009

I painted the Mail Box!

I have been told that my mailbox has been getting a little scruffy looking, so a few years ago I decided to build a new one. That went well, some of the materials are still just inside the calf barn door. So last Friday I decided to tackle the job again. It must have something to do with all the non hay days we are getting. When I looked at my poor old mail box(I should have got a before picture), I started remembering how proud we were back in 1981, peeling the J TAYLOR off, and putting on the B MITHAM. So I decided to take out the dents and give her a coat of paint. Nuhn manure spreader red and John Deere green. I know there is a song about John Deere Green, but what about the Nuhn Manure Spreader Red?
Anyways, we got it back up yesterday and guess what? The mail lady had a parcel for us today, so she brought it right up to the house.

1 comment:

Mitchel W. said...

Looks awesome! What a great idea. I always hang on to shoe boxes, jars, etc. in hopes of turning them into something amazing. Great use! Thanks again for stopping by my blog. I am following you now! :) residential mailboxes