Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Old Brown Truck


The brown truck turned 20 this week. We bought it on May 12th, 1988. It still kinda looks good if you don't look too close. We have a lot of memories associated with this truck. Cattle shows all over the Maritimes, the North American International Livestock show in Louisville Kentucky, the trips to the Royal in Toronto and the World Guernsey Conference show in Stratford Ontario in 1989. And all those trips to Oklahoma to get trailers. (Peter came with me once and drove when I got tired..I didn't stay tired long! What composure I didn't loose going through the Airline to Bangor, was lost approaching toll booths at 100mph!) And Grandpa and Sarah had a good trip too...which Salem were they looking for anyways? This is a pic of the truck on the way back from dropping heifers off at the dry pasture tonight. The dry cow pasture..ahhh...fond family bonding memories are made there too! Anyone want to go help catch some dry cows ?

No comments: